It is very easy to add Google Analytics-Wordpress:
Analytics is an automatic software used to analyze complete details and performance of the website.
The main purpose of analytics is decision-making. There are various key performance metrics (KPI’s) like
users, sessions, time spent, bounce rate, conversion rates.
Steps to install Google Analytics-Wordpress:
1. Sign in with your Gmail account
(we can use analytics for website or app tracking)
2. Now type any name in the account name section (it is recommended to type your business name)
3. Now type your website name in the website name field
4. Toggle between http or https based on your website and enter your website URL
5. Now select your industry category and reporting time zone
6. Check all the fields and click on Get Tracking ID
7. Then a new window pops-up
Click on I Accept
After signing up we get a tracking ID. This tracking ID should be added to every page of the website in the body section on the page for complete reports.
Or you can install a plugin in WordPress called Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
To install the plugin:
1. Go to plugins in the WordPress dashboard
2. Click on add new
3. Type google monsterinsights in the search box and click on Install Now
4. Next click on Activate
5. Now click on settings
6. Click on Authenticate with your google account
7. Click on Get Google Code and click on NEXT
(a new window pops-up)
8. Now sign in with your Gmail account
9. Click on allow
(a code will be generated)
10. Copy the code and paste it in the box
11. select track id and click on next
That’s it, you have successfully authenticated with google analytics.
Checking Whether tag installed properly:
There are 2 methods to check whether tag installed properly or not
1. Google tag assistant: It will only track google tags
2. Ghostery extension in the browser: It tracks all non-visible tracking codes.